It achieves these outcomes by improving testing practice and changing the way clients approach software delivery. Assurity’s business includes:
- a testing practice
- an innovation delivery practice
- a business analysis/project management practice
- an education practice
We think about better software and business practices, engage in software testing projects, use Agile|Lean thinking to improve the way information technology (IT) projects are delivered, and run entire testing businesses for many of New Zealand’s largest and most enlightened enterprises.
Assurity was established in 2005 to offer independent testing services to the New Zealand market.
The growth in demand for its services proved that customers in government and enterprise saw value in the company’s original proposition – ‘ensuring software health’.
Assurity is proud to be independent, New Zealand-owned and operated, and successful.
From small beginnings in 2005, Assurity has grown its team to over 185 professionals who deliver a comprehensive range of software testing, business analysis, project management and Agile|Lean consultancy services.
The company has an outstanding reputation nationally and is starting to gain worldwide recognition for its thinking.
The team is made up of personalities from across the world, based in three offices in New Zealand – Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Assurity team members are get-ahead people who have passion, energy and enthusiasm, who live the company’s strong values and make positive contributions to a company culture that people describe as ‘family’.
Research and development
- The test practice develops test plans and strategies, manages and governs test programmes, delivers test analysis, test execution, functional and Agile testing, and much more
- The innovation delivery practice engages with clients to improve software delivery and ensure performance can be maintained at a sustainable pace. Assurity is a silver partner of the Scaled Agile Framework, the world’s leading framework for taking Agile across large enterprises. Its Agile|Lean consultants are recognised internationally
- The business analysis/project management practice helps clients improve the business of IT and the delivery of IT projects
- The education practice delivers a comprehensive range of public and private courses, all delivered by its practitioners
Roles within the company and company culture
Assurity believes that New Zealand government and business need to achieve better outcomes from their software projects. Its vision is to be the New Zealand market leader in delivering those outcomes.
The company strives to:
- employ the best talent
- challenge quality and testing conventions
- challenge the status quo in client practices
- seek new ideas around lean-software thinking and action
Assurity also has a social side and the team gets together for fun and games, food and drinks, and to help the community.
A variety of roles exist within the company, including:
- technical test engineering in areas such as performance and automation
- test programme management
- practitioners in Agile|Lean
- business analysis
- project management
- software development