It uses a range of proven frameworks and internal standards to address information systems strategy, compliance and risk management issues, and to drive performance improvement.
Effectus offers a range of business governance and continuous improvement services to clients in the following key areas:
- board and IT governance improvement
- project, programme and portfolio management services
- organisational change management
- business analysis and business case development
- IT service delivery improvement
- disaster recovery, risk and security advisory services
- tender management
The company’s main target markets are corporate, local government, central government, agribusiness, infrastructure, retail, health and social sectors.
Effectus clients are based throughout both the North and South Islands. Independent advice and consulting is provided to directors, business and IT executives and information services teams.
Effectus was established in 2007 by its current directors, Colin Andersen and Matt Richardson. In Latin, Effectus broadly means ‘accountability for results’.
- Colin is a visionary with more than 25 years’ experience in IT and corporate management. He specialises in data governance and shared services. Colin is currently co-leading the EPIC (enterprise precinct and innovation campus) initiative to build an innovation and IT hub in the Christchurch’s central city
- Matt has extensive experience as an IT management consultant and specialises in IT strategic planning. Matt’s focus is on delivering positive and lasting organisational change
Effectus has approximately 20 staff. It is based in Christchurch, with offices in Auckland, Wellington and Dunedin.
Research and development
Roles in the company include consultants, business analysts and project managers.
Effectus has a range of different skills and backgrounds in its team, to cover the range of IT governance services that it delivers to clients.
Most consultants have some experience working overseas in addition to New Zealand, and the company culture encourages a collaborative approach to delivering good outcomes for customers.